The New Zealand Institute of Community Health Care was established as a Charitable Trust to engage clinicians in research and development activities that focus on innovation in service provision to meet future challenges as the health needs of our population changes over time. Since 2009 we have worked on projects with more than 20 organisations including the Ministry of Health, District Health Boards, NGOs and a variety of community based health service providers.
The New Zealand Institute of Community Health Care is based in Christchurch and have an infrastructure supported by a Director, a statistician, a health economist, an informatics nurse and an administration support. We contract with experienced clinicians and content experts to consultant on a variety of projects.
New Zealand Institute of Community Health Care Infrastructure
When working on a project, the Institute provides clinician researchers with:
- Project management and a key point of contact for project sponsors
- Service desks with computers and secure IT files for researchers contracted to the Institute on specific projects
- HR, Payroll and accounting services
- Photocopying and printing
- Tele and video conferencing facilities (both DHB and universal access)
- Administrative support
- Statistical support
|Most nurses, doctors, dieticians and midwives working on projects with the Institute also maintain their clinical practice; hence we are able to network nationally among clinical groups on our projects.